In this talk, Solace’s Chief Technology Solutions Officer Sumeet Puri will share his perspective on “Kafka Mesh” and explain how it can help you overcome challenges like:
1. Hybrid cloud deployments, i.e. linking on-premises and cloud-based Kafka clusters.
2. Providing real-time connectivity between back-end Kafka clusters and edge applications and devices in stores, warehouses, distribution centers, ships, factories, mining pits etc.
3. Streaming data from millions of devices/vehicles to Kafka clusters for analytics, while also providing a command-and-control path to the devices.
4. Filtering Kafka data streams while preserving order – often critical for microservices and transactional systems – without the overhead of using KSQL.
5. Connecting and replicating data/events between different flavors of Kafka (open source Apache Kafka, Confluent, Amazon MSK, etc.) running in distributed environments
6. Standardizing tooling and implementing best practices for the management and governance of Kafka and non-Kafka event streams.
Sumeet’s experience encompasses evangelizing, strategizing, architecting, program managing, designing and developing complex IT systems from portals to middleware to real-time CEP, BPM and analytics, with paradigms such as low latency, event driven architecture, SOA, etc. using various technology stacks. The breadth and depth of Sumeet’s experience makes him sought after as a speaker, and he authored the popular Architect’s Guide to Implementing Event-Driven Architecture.
Chief Technology Solutions Officer